© Reuters. Stocks to watch next week
- Key events are scheduled for the companies listed below next week.
- Notable earnings reports: Cal-Maine Foods (NASDAQ:) on October 2; NovaGold Resources (NYSEMKT:), Paychex (NASDAQ:) and Lennar (NYSE:) on October 3; PepsiCo (NYSE:) and Monsanto (NYSE:) on October 4; Costco (NASDAQ:), International Speedway (NASDAQ:), Yum China (NYSE:) and Constellation Brands (NYSE:) on October 5.
- IPOs expected to price: Rhythm Pharmaceuticals (Pending:RYTM) and Black Ridge Acquisition (BRACU) on October 5; Switch (Pending:SWCH) on October 6.
- Secondary offering lockup expirations: Acadia Healthcare (NASDAQ:) and Hess Midstream Partners (NYSE:) on October 2; Banco Santander (NYSE:), Elevate Credit (NYSE:), Schneider National (NYSE:) and Spark Therapeutics (NASDAQ:) on October 3; Okta (NASDAQ:) and Egalet (NASDAQ:) on October 4; Air Industries (NYSEMKT:) on October 5.
- Sales reports: Zumiez (NASDAQ:) on October 4; Buckle (NYSE:), Cato (NYSE:) and L Brands (NASDAQ:) on October 5.
- Analyst/investor meeting: Tronox (NYSE:) on October 2; Intuit (NASDAQ:) on October 3; Mallinckrodt (NYSE:) and Salesforce (NYSE:) on October 4; Clorox (NYSE:), Oracle (NYSE:), and Leucadia National (NYSE:) on October 5;
- Special shareholder meeting: D.R. Horton (NYSE:), InspireMD (NYSEMKT:) and Wolverine Bancorp (NASDAQ:) on October 3;
- USPTO watch: The Patent Trial and Appeal Board is expected to decide before the end of the week on an Incyte (NASDAQ:) challenge to a Concert Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:) patent.
- Tech surge: Megcap favorites Apple (NASDAQ:), Facebook (NASDAQ:), Microsoft (NASDAQ:) and Alphabet (NASDAQ:) all head into next week with a bit of momentum, while Roku (Private:) looks to extend on the best tech IPO of the year.
- Macau: Casinos expect the strongest Golden Week haul in years as the eight-day holiday kicks off in October 1. New properties are expected to lift Wynn Resorts (NASDAQ:), Las Vegas Sands, MGM Resorts (NYSE:) and Melco Resorts & Entertainment (NASDAQ:). Investors will also be watching for the government report on September gaming revenue for September (+14% consensus).
- Auto sales reports: Kelley Blue Book expects U.S. auto sales to edge up 0.7% in September to 1.44M units. Forecast by automaker - General Motors (NYSE:) +7.7% to 269K, Toyota (NYSE:) +9.5% to 216K, Ford (NYSE:) +2.7% to 209K, Fiat Chrysler (NYSE:) -8.8% to 176K, Honda (NYSE:) +1.0% to 135K, Nissan (OTCPK:) -9.2% to 116K, Hyundai (OTCPK:) -10.2% to 104K, Subaru (OTCPK:) +5.6% to 58K, Volkswagen (OTCPK:) +7.1% to 49.5K.
- Barron's mentions: The cover story from the publication throws come clouds over the solar sector, while biotech is singled out for potential outperformance. Expedia (NASDAQ:), Applied Materials (NASDAQ:) and Taiwan Semiconductor (NYSE:) receive special attention as intriguing picks.
- Sources: EDGAR, Bloomberg, Nasdaq.com.
- Now read: Roku - Looks Expensive, Dangerous Short