It’s the end of earnings season and that means we’re left with the retailers.
A couple dozen names are set to report the week of Thanksgiving and the week after Thanksgiving, in the midst of Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping extravaganzas.
Hopes are running high that this holiday season will be the best since the 2008 Great Recession. With unemployment at near record lows, and consumer confidence at 20-year highs, they should be opening their wallets this holiday season.
These 5 retailers have been at the top of their games.
Can they keep up the momentum this earnings season?
5 Best Retail Earnings Charts to Finish the Earnings Season
1. Gap (NYSE:GPS) has a great track record of beating with just 2 misses in the last 5 years. However, shares are off the recent highs as investors are nervous about apparel retailers and the holiday season. Has Gap finally turned a corner?
2. Burlington Stores (NYSE:BURL) is a beast. It has one of the best earnings charts on the Street and certainly among the retailers. It hasn’t missed in 5 years and shares are still trading near 5-year highs. Can it hold its momentum?
3. J.Jill (NYSE:JILL) went IPO in 2017 but it’s been a rocky ride. It hasn’t missed since the IPO but same-store-sales and guidance are what will drive it. Also watch online sales results this quarter. It’s trading near its lows again. Is this a buying opportunity?
4. Tilly’s (NYSE:TLYS) lives and dies by the trends but recently it has been spot on. In the third quarter, same-store-sales were up 4.4%. That was Tilly’s strongest comps since the third quarter of 2016. Shares soared after last quarter’s earnings beat but have since sold off. Will another solid quarter give the shares another boost?
5. PVH (NYSE:PVH) is one of the larger apparel retailers in the United States. While it’s had a spectacular run in 2017 and the beginning of 2018, shares have sold off on recent retail jitters. It’s now trading with a forward P/E of just 11.9. Is it on sale?
Add a Comment
Are you sure you want to block %USER_NAME%?
By doing so, you and %USER_NAME% will not be able to see any of each other's Investing.com's posts.
%USER_NAME% was successfully added to your Block List
Since you’ve just unblocked this person, you must wait 48 hours before renewing the block.